What is Double Chance in Betting?
For those of you who are familiar with how 3 way bets or the 1 x 2 bets work, then the double bet will be fairly easy for you to understand. In 3 way bets, the major problem that punters face is that they cannot decide between the three options which are as follows – home team, away team or draw. These outcomes may also be referred to as ‘win,’ ‘defeat’ or a draw, depending on what the bookmaker prefers.
Even the most experienced bettors can find it very difficult to choose one of the three outcomes in a three way bet. This is mainly because it is not always necessary for the favourite team to win. Sometimes, you may end up seeing the underdog team rise up to the championship. And exactly this unpredictability throughout the game makes punters indecisive while placing their bets in the iGaming sites of India!
Doubles betting condenses this indecisiveness by letting bettors choose from two instead of three outcomes. For example, if you have three separate outcomes in a particular bet, with a double bet, you can cover two of the three outcomes. The double chance in betting can be a great way of making the process of placing bets on three outcomes a lot easier.
Why Should Punters Do Doubles Betting?
Who wouldn’t want to try out a bet which increases the chances of winning a 3-way bet by 67%? A double bet can significantly lower the risks of 3-way betting, giving the sports bettor a better chance at making the big wins.
Perhaps what’s best about a sports bet like the double chance bet is that it can be used by players of all levels. This means that if you are a newbie in the gambling industry, then you can easily start off by learning the double chance bet. For experienced Indian gamblers, the doubles betting can be a way of redeeming the losses incurred in previous bets. Are you wondering how? It is because a double bet is fairly easy to comprehend and lets you bet on two outcomes instead of one.
Maximize Your Advantages with Double Chance in Betting
Are you wondering why it is important to maximize your advantages with a double bet? It is because gambling is all about testing your luck.
As mentioned above, a double chance in betting can bring about a lot of benefits. However, there are other factors that you have to take into account when placing your doubles betting. These factors can help you make the most out of your doubles betting.
Some of these factors include the following:
Observing Weather conditions
As simple as it may sound, keeping yourself updated with the weather conditions can help you maximize your advantages with double bets. More often than not, the performances of players fluctuate due to weather conditions.
While some players play relatively well during the nighttime, they might however not be in their best shape during day time. Moreover, a certain player may not perform well when it is drizzling. Therefore, if you want to play your cards right as a punter, you will have to take the weather conditions into account.
If there is one act that you have control of while placing bets, it is the act of doing your research right.
Researching is very important if you want to place your double chance bet on the best odds. This will prevent you from making the wrong bets which can eventually end up making you incur a huge loss.
Hence, take the time to research. Consider the performance of the players, the coach and every other aspect that might not be easy to detect at first glance. Yes, the entire process can take a while. But it will definitely be worth it will undoubtedly help you to wager on the right odds enabling you to maximize on the wins.
Betting exchanges may not be the best option given the slight commission you have to give to the site, but it comes in handy when you do not have the time to look up the bets.
Use the Betting Calculator Software
The betting calculator software is specifically designed for bettors so that they can always wager on the right odds.
With the use of this software, punters in India no longer have to manually do the complicated calculations of the odds. This is a huge advantage for sports bettors who are not that good with math. Furthermore, the software is pretty simple to use. Indian punters have to make inputs of the values and with a single click, the software itself will show the answer within seconds.
You can then go ahead and place your bets easily. Therefore, if you can keep these external factors in check while placing your bets, we can assure you that you will be able to maximize your advantages while placing a double chance bet.
Double Chance in Betting Example
In plain words, a double chance bet is when you combine two outcomes into one. A good example of this could be a football match between Real Madrid and Barcelona. Here, let’s assume that these are the odds for this particular game –
- Real Madrid or Draw: 2.60
- Barcelona or Draw: 1.08
- Real Madrid or Barcelona: 1.17
Thus if you end up placing a bet on Real Madrid or Barcelona, then you will win the double chance bet if either of the teams wins. On the other hand, if the end result of the game is a draw, then you will lose your double chance bet.
There are plenty of pros of using a bet like double chance while placing your bets. Here are some of them:
- Suitable for Beginners – Bets like accumulators, arbitrage or handicaps can be difficult to grasp, especially for beginners. This is mostly due to the difficult calculations involved. However, with easier bets like the double chance which deals with three outcomes, it is fairly easy for a beginner to get a hold of. The double chance bets are as simple as the 1×2 bets as it only has three outcomes. Moreover, it essentially combines two outcomes into one, therefore minimizing the risks of placing 3 way bets.
- Profitable for Experienced Bettors – There is always a risk of messing up even the simplest of bets like the 3 way bets. However, this is only applicable for beginners. If we are talking about experienced punters, they have a real chance at making big wins at one go if the odds are in their favour. Proficient bettors in India can therefore easily retrieve previous losses incurred using one of the easiest bets like the double chance. Moreover, there isn’t really much to think about as there are only three outcomes with a winning percentage of 67%. So, when the chances are already more than 50%, experienced bettors can just place their bets on the best odds to make the most profits.
- 67% Winning Percentage – There is no greater satisfaction than the safety net you experience when you know that you already have a 50%+ chance of winning the bet. This is why most sports gamblers in India opt for the double chance whenever a sportsbook offers it to them. Therefore, if you are unsure about making your bet, you can easily opt for the double chance bet to minimize your risks of losing. Do note that you can only make use of the doubles betting when you are placing a bet on a sport that has 3 outcomes.
Although the double chance bet has plenty of pros, there are however a few cons that we think you should take into consideration. These include the following:
- Not Mentally Stimulating for Experienced Punters – The double bet does not require a lot of calculations that punters would generally have to do, had they opted for complicated bets like the accumulators. This is why we would suggest you try out unique betting options like arbitrage betting or accumulators betting. This will enable Indian bettors to make the most profits while also taking upon the challenge of doing some challenging calculations.
- Relatively Smaller Payouts – Since the risks are low and the chances of winning are higher, it is natural for bookmakers to hand out lower payouts. This is one of the basic rules followed by bookmakers. The higher the risks, the higher the payouts. This is why when you bet on the underdog team during an event, the odds are always higher. And if the odds are higher, you can rest assured that the pay is going to be great too! However, since the risks involved in a double chance bet are extremely low, punters can make minimal profits. Which is still better than losing the bet if you ask us.
- Only Favourable When Betting On the Underdogs – As mentioned earlier, you cannot make a lot of profit through double chance betting in India. Since the odds are not as good given the minimal to non-existent risks, punters cannot make profits through the favourite team. Instead, if they end up placing bets on the underdog team, the odds will definitely be a lot better, ensuring bigger payouts.
Double chance betting is perfect for beginners as they can do the odds calculation effortlessly. As there are three outcomes, we know that every outcome will have a 33.3% (100/3) opportunity of winning the bet. However, since double chance betting is about betting on two out of the three outcomes, you will have a guaranteed percentage of 66.7 of winning the bet.
Doubles Betting Offers and Promotions
The majority of iGaming websites have enticing offers and promotions to attract customers. The key to getting the best deals out of these gambling websites is to do your research thoroughly.
Head to any one of the most popular betting sites in India and check out the bonus offers and promotions given by them. And do not forget to take a look at the terms and conditions of the offers before signing up for a website. Double chance bets are mostly used for soccer betting. This is why punters in India can find plenty of offers and promotions offered by gambling websites. Some of the offers may include a $1001 equivalent in INR or a risk-free bet of up to $1000 INR.
What Are The Alternatives to Doubles Betting?
- Asian Handicap – The Asian handicap is slightly similar to the double chance bet. In an Asian handicap, the favourite team is always placed at a disadvantage. This creates a balance between the overall skills of the two teams. This betting type is extremely popular in the Indian subcontinent.
- Draw No Bet – If you were looking for a better alternative to double chance in betting, then you should definitely give the draw no bet a try. This is because in case the outcome of the event is a draw, you will still be able to get back the stake you had placed initially for the bet.
Majority of the beginners tend to have plenty of questions about placing double chance bets. To help you out with your most asked queries, we have listed down the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about double chance in betting.
Here are the top 5 questions asked by most punters in India.
Double chance in betting can only be placed when the sports has 3 outcomes. From the three outcomes, the sportsbook will combine two outcomes in order to make a single bet.
Since the risks involved are negligible, punters may not be able to make a lot of profit. However, if you place your bets on the underdog team, you can surely bag in a huge amount of profit.
Double chance is not a multi bet. It combines two of the three outcomes into a single bet. You can place this bet on underdog teams to make a large profit.
You can only cash out still to be settled bets during live betting to prevent yourself from incurring more losses. Other than that, the majority of Indian gambling websites do not offer the option of cashing out still to be settled bets.
With 9 in every 10 people carrying a smartphone, we are delighted to inform you that you can place double chance bets through your mobile phone. This eliminates time spent on turning your pc or laptop on. Not to mention, you can place your double chance bets even when you are outside looking for ways to kill time.
However, the availability of a website that is compatible with mobile phones is the area you should be researching. We would suggest you opt for websites that have a reliable, consistent and stellar reputation in terms of its overall service. Only the notable iGaming sites will have their own app version for placing bets through phone.
However, most gambling sites allow punters to place their bets using their phone’s browser.
Unfortunately, no. You cannot expect to win every bet you make. You may have the best strategies for placing the perfect bets up your sleeves, but it can’t still guarantee you a sure win.
This is because gambling at the end of the day is all about luck. And all you can do is take control of the external factors that may affect the outcome of the game. This includes doing your research, using a betting calculator, checking on the weather etc.
Gambling is fun for recreational purposes.
Nonetheless, a lot of people often tend to become dependent on it for their monthly source of income. It is important to have enough control and willpower over oneself as recurring losses can make a person extremely vulnerable causing them to place even larger stakes in hopes of retrieving what’s already lost.
Therefore, gamble responsibly. Take frequent breaks so that you are not entirely out of touch with reality. This will enable you to also focus on the tasks at hand. Another trick that averts people from placing bets with larger stakes is to think of the stake as the expense you had to make in order to have fun for a couple of minutes.
However, if you or anyone you know is addicted to gambling, you should seek professional help immediately before things get out of hand.
Recap of Doubles Betting
Although double chance betting increases your chances of winning by 66.7%, you should still expect to lose. This cuts out unrealistic expectations of wanting to win each and every bet you make.
All in all, the double chance in betting is a great way for making wins with less risk. If you are a fan of placing 1×2 bets, then you can surely try out the doubles betting. From three outcomes to choose from, there is little to no loss incurred most of the time. However, if you want a good strategy to make bigger profits, we would suggest you do your research on the teams before placing your double bets. This eliminates any risks of a sudden loss and also helps you to place the bets with your sound judgment.
In case you have a strong gut feeling about the underdog team making a win, place a double chance bet on it to make the best profits if the team ends up winning.