India will host Australia and South Africa for T20I series soon after the Asia Cup is wrapped up. BCCI announced the schedule recently while team India was in Guyana waiting for their US Visas to play the Florida T20Is.
From South Africa and England to Zimbabwe and Afghanistan, all the teams have begun their preparation for the T20 World Cup. Favorites India would not want to be left behind.
A home series against these two sides would be great preparation for India just ahead of the T20 World Cup.
Australia tour of India – 3 T20Is
While the BCCI is yet to announce the squad for the home series against Australia, we expect most of the key regulars to be back.
The home series against Australia kicks off on September 20 at the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali.
Here is the full schedule for India vs Australia T20I series –
- IND vs AUS 1st T20I – September 20, Mohali
- IND vs AUS 2nd T20I – September 23, Nagpur
- IND vs AUS 3rd T20I – September 25, Hyderabad
Looking at Suryakumar Yadav’s rise in T20I rankings, it will be safe to say that India will give the defending champions a run for their money.
South Africa tour of India – 3 T20Is, 3 ODIs
South Africa are scheduled to play 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs on their tour of India starting September 28.
South Africa will be coming on the back of a brilliant run in the T20Is. After trailing 1-0 in the T20I series on their ongoing tour of England, South Africa bounced back to win the series 1-2.
Here is the full schedule for South Africa’s tour of India, 2022 –
India vs South Africa T20I series fixtures
- IND vs SA 1st T20I – September 28, Thiruvananthapuram
- IND vs SA 2nd T20I – October 2, Guwahati
- IND vs SA 3rd T20I – October 4, Indore
India vs South Africa ODI series fixtures
- IND vs SA 1st ODI – October 6, Lucknow
- IND vs SA 2nd ODI – October 9, Ranchi
- IND vs SA 3rd ODI – October 11, Delhi
India vs South Africa – Latest Head to Head
- The Proteas had toured India for a 5-match T20I series in June 2022.
- The visitors had put India on the backfoot with a 2-0 lead in the series.
- Pant-led India, however, bounced back with two back to back wins to level the series 2-2.
- The final match was washed out and the two sides shared the trophy.
However, this time around, they will be greeted with the regulars who were out of that squad led by Pant. WIth Suryakumar Yadav in fine form and Virat Kohli looking to get back to his best, India will be a force to reckon with.
Before the start of this series, India will have already played the Asia Cup and 3 T20Is against the Aussies. The outcome of these events will have a big impact on the South Africa home series.
Can India beat defending champions at home?
India and Australia are the leading favorites on betting sites in the outright markets for the T20 World Cup.
While both sides are placed in different groups in the T20 World Cup, they are set to attract huge bets when they clash in the T20I series in India.
IND vs AUS Head-to-head stats
- In the head-to-head stats, India have 13 wins while Australia trail with 9 wins from a total of 23 times the two teams faced each other in T20Is.
- The head-to-head stats are neck to neck when it comes to IND vs AUS T20Is in India with the score being 4-3.
- Whereas, in Australia, India lead comfortably with 7 wins from 11 T20Is.
IND vs AUS betting tips
Looking at the current form of India’s upcoming stars and the likelihood of the regulars to be back, coupled with the home advantage, we reckon India will be in the driver’s seat to win the 1st T20I.
- Back India to win the 1st T20I of the Australia home series at 1.64 odds with Parimatch
- To boost your winnings, consider adding another India win to your bet slip.
- India to defeat Pakistan in their Asia Cup fixture at 1.70 odds.
- With these two selections, the total odds in your bet slip would add up to 778.
Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma’s new approach to T20 cricket seems promising and has shown results. We reckon India will yield huge profits for punters with a long-term view.